elsie from a beautiful mess started a project called '4 simple goals' that i have decided to participate in. here are the guidelines of the project:
1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what i'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!
here is a list of my 4 'simple goals':
1. hang art up on my bare walls! having just moved into a new place and getting everything else organized, i haven't had time to hang up all my art on the walls. i want to figure out which should go in what room and how they should be grouped together.
2. do back-strengthening exercises every morning! i've been having trouble with body imbalance and sciatica coming and going for the past couple of years. to help counteract this, you can do exercises to strengthen your back. i want to get in the habit of doing exercises every morning; that way my back can be strong and i hopefully won't experience this again.
3. eat fruit everyday! i know that when i eat fruit, i feel great! i feel healthy, and i feel happy, so why not do it every day?
4. do something fun every weekend! i never knew what to do in michigan because i lived in the middle of nowhere. now i live in a great city, and i want to take advantage of it by going on more dates with my boyfriend and doing fun things every weekend.